Top 5 Best Jobs for StudentsMarch 4th, 2013
Looking for a job this year? Do you happen to be a student? This is the right article for you then! The following 10 jobs are great choices for students because they will look good on a résumé, work around class schedules, and offer decent pay. Here are some of the best jobs that you can get as a student…
1. Social Media- With the up and rising social media websites, many companies (especially start ups) are looking for people to run their social media websites, add content, and update the website. Many start up companies like the idea of having students work for them as social media consultants. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, are just some of the many social media websites that companies may want you to update on a regular basis. Getting to know these websites will enable you to assist other companies…and get paid in the process.
2. Paid Internships- Not your typical part-time job. Try to find a paid internship in the field that you would like to work at one day. The benefits are that you can gain more skills for your resume while still getting paid for it! Get paid to learn! If you show good working skills at the time of your internship you may even be able to get promoted up to a real job at that company! Some businesses that offer paid internships are: Flipgigs, EA Games, and more! Check your local companies to see if they offer paid internships!
3. Virtual/On Site Tutor- Never leave the room and make money! Or help people in your community/ school! You can help other people to know the subjects that you are best at…and get paid for it! It will also sharpen your own skills in the subject. You cannot go wrong as a virtual or on-site tutor. You can sign up to find people that on-site tutor in your area at Flipgigs or a virtual tutor at Champion Learning or Academic Advantage.
4. Babysitting/Petsitting- If you know lots of parents with a lot of kids or pets, than babysitting and petsitting might be the job for you. This is a great way to earn money up front. It is often known as one of the “go-to” ways to earn money as a student, but it really works! Babysitting can be as limited as just watching the children to as extensive as making meals and cleaning up the house. Make sure that you know what you are signing up for. Are you a parent looking for a babysitter? Check out our other blog post that deals with that subject! Click here to find a Good Babysitter for Your Children. Parents can also sign up at Flipgigs to search for students to hire for the babysitting gig.
5. Campus Positions- High Schools sometimes offer small forms of work for students. If you are in college don’t overlook campus positions. You can in a sense be paid to go to school! The pay may not be too fabulous but you will still gain experience and there is little to no commute (you were planning on going to school anyways, right?). Some jobs include: librarian’s assistant, teacher’s assistant, lunch personnel, and much more!
Written By:Kiana Valdez
Blog Writer, Social Media Consultant, Flipgigs
Posted in Businesses, College, Job, Parents, Students, Uncategorized | 5 Comments »
Need hundreds of teen testers !!!January 23rd, 2013
Street Owl, a partner with Flipgigs has launched a safe driving app for Teen to earn rewards based on their driving experience. According to government statistics, 12,000 Americans, 5,000 of those are teens, die each year due to car crashes directly related to unsafe driving. This app once launched will not only track speeding, but also braking, acceleration and cornering and encourage teens to drive safely. This app will give parents new knowledge and peace of mind about their teen’s driving when they’re not there, Not only will RefuelMe allow parents to support their teen’s independence, but also reward them with cash incentives for driving safely….and motivating them to practice safe driving habits.
Help to test this app while it is still in BETA. This app can save thousands of precious lives when released.
If you are a teen driver between the ages of 15-18 with an iPhone 4 or newer , install and test this app today, drive around for a few weeks and earn a $30 Amazon card from StreetOwl. Requires a parent to register as well . Both parent and teen profiles are verified through Facebook.
Go to www.flipgigs.com and click on the Refuel Me Banner ad today!
- The Flipgigs Team
Posted in Job, Media, Parents, Students | No Comments »
New Instagram Account and Contest!!! @flipgigsJanuary 17th, 2013
Hello All you Instagrammers! Flipgigs just opened a new Instagram account! Right now we are holding a very exciting contest to all of our new followers! YOU HAVE THE CHANCE OF WINNING FREE GIFT CARDS!
What are the rules?
1. You must follow us on Instagram @flipgigs (also be one of the first 500…we will be checking!)
2. Like the contest Picture
3. Write Done in the comments
To receive double or even triple entries:
-Reblog our picture and @flipgigs in the comments
-Sign up online at Flipgigs.com for an account
Then in the comments write double (or triple) done!
And that’s it! You are one step…or three steps closer to a free gift card!
The winner will be posted on our instagram account once we hit 500 followers. The winner will then have 24 hours to respond before we choose a new winner. Spread the word! The sooner we hit the 500 mark, the sooner you could have a gift card in your hands!
Posted in Contests, Featured, Media, Parents, Students, Uncategorized | 7 Comments »
Keep a Job…Even After the Holidays!January 9th, 2013
During this time of the year, many companies that have been hiring just to fulfill the flow of potential increase of clients. But as the holiday season starts to end, so can many jobs. If you are one of those that have been hired because of this time of year, how can you ensure that you can keep your job, even after the holidays are over?
Here are a few tips:
1. Be punctual- It shows that you value your working time and also the time of others. It also shows that the job is really important to you.
2. Have Integrity- Allows the employer to trust you. In most cases if they like you, they will hire you again if needed.
3. Hard work- It seems like a obvious one, but it is true! Even if it seems like there is nothing to do, try to talk with a manager or supervisor and ask if there is anything else that you would be able to do.
In the end, hard work and enthusiasm for your job can move your boss to keep you in for the long haul. Try to get on his/her good side early, and show them why you would be a good candidate to work full or part time. Express to them how you feel about the matter. And who knows? Maybe you will be able to keep your job even after the holidays!
Posted By: Kiana Valdez
Social Media Intern for flipgigs.com
Posted in Businesses, Featured, Job, Students, Uncategorized | No Comments »
Using Technology to Find a JobDecember 18th, 2012
Looking for some extra cash? What about a job, internship, or even a gig? Work and money are available at the touch of your fingertips. Here are a few tips on getting more cash in your pockets.
Technology is at it’s all time high right now.Everywhere you look there are smart phones, tablets, and laptops in the hands of almost everyone you walk by. There is more to the internet than cat videos and funny memes, you could also be successful in finding new avenues of work, perhaps even a career, all online.
Looking for a job? There is a website for that! flipgigs.com is a great website to start looking for work, especially for students. Here you can post what skills you have to your profile and also post responses to various tasks/jobs that you would like to obtain. It is a very simple and free task.
Another way to use technology to find a job is by making your own portfolio. Websites like Linkedin can help you build an online resume of your skills and past jobs, all in one convinient location. Even more so, people have taken liberty to make their own blog websites dedicated to them. Unfortunately, personal websites may not have as much traffic as a website like Linkedin could bring to yourself. But it still could be a nice reference to put on business applications.
The internet could also help you to learn new things that may help you find a job. YouTube is a great place to learning new things. And what is a better price than free? There are other websites that you can use to help you. Google is a wonderful search engine to finding all that you are searching for.
In the end, the internet holds out endless possibilities on what types of jobs you can obtain to get cash in your pocket today. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for flipgigs to get a head start your future career today!!
Posted By: Kiana Valdez
Social Media Intern for flipgigs.com
Posted in College, Job, Parents, Students, Uncategorized | 6 Comments »
Should I Go to College?November 8th, 2012
Before one can even think about how to pay for college or what classes to take, a person would need to decide if they even should pursue college at all. With tuition costs rising, some people wonder if it is really worth the money and time to go to college. To top it off, there are some who finish college and end up doing something totally different then their intended major. Therefore there are quite a few that have decided to skip college completely and face the “real world” straight on. Are these people at a less advantage than those that go to a four year university? Is there other alternatives to a four year university that can give the same results? If one decides to go to a four year college, what can they do to make sure they don’t waste time or money?
To answer the first question, maybe not. There are some people have been successful without graduating from a college. Some learned on location, others may have started their own business. Whatever the case is, just because you graduate from a four year college doesn’t mean that you automatically get a job. But certain jobs do require that a person have some sort of degree. It just depends on what you would like to do or what job you would like to obtain.
Is there other alternatives to a four year university that can give the same results? Maybe not the same results, but some different results. Do you know another language? Some have been able to become translators. Do you have some sort of talent or skill? Some people are artistic, music oriented, or talented in sports which helped them obtain their desired career. There are also many online colleges or vocational schools that one can attend that will deal directly with what they would want to do. Also it is common that there is a nearby community college that can offer good education at a more affordable price.
Still want to go to a traditional College? Well there still are ways to make sure that you don’t drown in debt before you can start in the work force. Have a goal, be organized, and stay motivated. Don’t invest in an education that you don’t want. Not having a goal in mind is like driving to an unknown destination, you waste time and money that could be used to actually get somewhere.
So in the end, the choice of whether or not to go to college is left up to you. Keep in mind that a college degree alone doesn’t pay the rent, but dedication and determination will. If you decide to go to a traditional college, make use of your education! The harder you work, the better the results.
Do you have any questions about college that you would like answered? Would you like a whole article dedicated to one or more of the questions above? Please leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Posted By: Kiana Valdez
Social Media Marketing Intern at Flipgigs.com